Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Holy Toledo! You have to try the spa at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo. To answer the question posed by my family…. THIS is why we stopped in Toledo!




The hotel has a hydrotherapy spa which was free to us so Casey and I wandered downstairs to check it out after our sightseeing and pool time. (Yes, the weather has been perfect and we have ended every day with a dip in the pool... or ocean while we were in Barcelona.). This spa was amazing! We never heard of anything like this before and couldn't believe Abe didn't follow us.
First, you start in the thermal pool. It's warm, mineral water made our skin feel like silk. The pool has 15 stations, each with different sizes of jets that shoot water at different body regions. For example, hundreds of tiny jets spray the bottom of your feet then a waterfall pounds your head and shoulders.  Next, you proceed in a recommended order through a circuit of showers, oriental sauna, Celtic sauna (hot stones), fog shower, Bi-thermal shower, Finnish sauna, Turkish bath, bucket shower (not ice), and ending in the relaxation room. Wow, we were relaxed!



The best part of the hotel was that our bill upon checkout was $4.00 for our entire two night stay, the price for mailing my postcards. You see, when I learned about my firm's sabbatical program we started saving. My partners commented that you have the time, but eventually the money runs out. Therefore, I used my favorite broker (my father) and started putting a little bit of each paycheck into a money market fund. Thanks to Dad, I have a nice sabbatical fund to cover my travel indulgences. About the same time, my husband started hoarding affinity points. He travels quite a bit and by staying at the various Hilton properties he was able to accumulate enough points for a few free nights which is what brought us to Toledo. A great detour on our journey through Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment