Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bordeaux, France




We spent a night in Bordeaux on our way to England to visit our friends, the Crowleys. We arrived by train from St. Jean de Luz, dropped our bags off at the hotel and went exploring. Our hotel was located a distance from the city center, in an area near the University. The streets were filled with students and after bypassing several fast food eateries, we settled on a small café with outdoor tables.
Knowing that we only had a brief time in Bordeaux, we had to experience the one thing we knew put the region on the map. We drank some Bordeaux wine. Sorry, but that is all I have to say about the city since we were only in town such a short period of time.  Oh yeah, after 3 days at the beach, Casey had great beach hair!

At this point I have officially been on sabbatical for three weeks. The office and work is becoming a distant memory and those nightmares I was having about having to show up for a court appearance or client matter are coming to an end. Casey is with us, so no need to worry about her. And Lincoln? He is doing fantastic.
Lincoln has been in Boulder for one month now and he just loves it. In fact, he even sent us a message telling us how much he loves his university and thanking us for sending him there. (Plus, he got an "A" on his first math test.)

Lincoln is my only son so I don't have anyone to compare him to… but I think he is pretty special. Since he was 15 years old, he has been coming up with business ideas and marketing them with more knowledge, skill and confidence than most adults. I know that he will do well in wherever his college education takes him. People continuously ask me if I am worried about him being so far from home and I honestly answer that I am not. He loves the outdoors and Boulder is exactly where he should be. When your child is happy, then all seems right with the world.
So the only thing left for me to worry about are the cats. Thanks to Cassie, I know that they are in good hands. Cheers!  I am off to my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment