Friday, October 17, 2014

Florida Cousins

As part of my sabbatical, I have had an opportunity to travel around the country and spend time with friends and family. My latest stop was in Palm Beach Gardens for an overnight with my Aunt Terry Mondik.  She and my uncle bought a house in Florida in the 70's and eventually relocated there.  Previously they lived on Fairway Drive in Washington, PA and their six children were the nexus of my childhood adventures.
Five of those six kids now live in Florida near their mother.  I was fortunate enough to see most of them and/or their spouses and children for dinner (more like a party) that evening.  We had a tremendous meal cooked by Beverly and hosted by Tom who has THE party house.  I joked to Tom and his wife, Audrey, that I did not need to drive to Key West the next day because their pool, hot tub, tiki huts, boats and jet skis were all I needed.
We had a great time and I am so grateful they all came out on a Wednesday night to see me.
We even managed to snap a picture of the cousins with Aunt Terry:

No comments:

Post a Comment