Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Southern California


It never rains in Southern California is what they say. Luckily, I had a few days of sunshine and warmth in late October in Huntington Beach. The Hyatt resort was my home for two nights. It is typical of a grand resort with luxurious rooms, beautifully landscaped grounds, pools, waterslide and a spa grotto. To take the chill out of the evening air, the resort had several outdoor fire pits for lounging. Leave it to the Hyatt to have a pedestrian bridge to carry guests to the beach so they don't need to cross the street. There's nothing like watching the sun set over the Pacific.


Huntington Beach has a quaint downtown block with surf shops, restaurants, and Jamba Juice. It is also home to the world famous Wahoo's Fish Tacos that serves more than fish and tacos. www.wahoos.com 

 From the shops, you can take the bike path along the beach or walk out onto the pier and watch the hundreds of surfers waiting to catch a wave. (You can rent bikes at the Hyatt.)

Like most of my destinations, this trip allowed me to visit some friends in the area. First, I had the pleasure of spending an evening with young friends and their two-year-old son, Kobe. Next, we made a surprise visit to the Ruth's Chris in Irvine to see our dear friend "Sally from Cali".

 
Finally, we drove over to Ontario for the PONY West Zone meeting. We encountered a rain-out of a day and everyone assured me that it never rains like that in Southern California. I believed them, but was glad I had my sunny days beforehand at Huntington Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment